Monday, May 23, 2016

MY GARDENING 101

The boy and I started the garden a little too early but that is how we roll...he likes to start early and he likes to experiment.  I go along because our yield is usually pretty good.  I am the one who takes care of the fruit trees/bushes...strawberries, blueberries, raspberries and grapes.  The fig tree doesn't look like it survived the winter or I took the burlap off too early.  I am not quite ready to give up and I am not ready to show a picture.  I don't want anyone telling me, it didn't work out. 

Here are some pictures of our progress.  You may see a lot of bare spots and spotty grass...typically we don't grow much grass.  The point is to grow as much food as we can. 

Many of the plants are started from seed, some from the vegetable such as potatoes, and some are purchased.  Some experiments work.  Last year we tried artichokes...didn't work.  This year I've started seeds for small Italian zucchini.  They were found in markets in Rome.  They are small and sweet and many times stuffed.  They are beautiful.  Maybe it will work, maybe it won't.   


Gardening with the boy always makes me smile!  I am
thinking my new hat from Asbury Park is a little small.

First in the ground was the broccoli and then lettuce and spinach in the pot.


I think the sweet potatoes were planted a little too early but the same thing happened last year and it turned out well.  These were purchased.  I have 9 in all. 



The fruit...



Blueberries

Raspberries
 And my grapes which I love more than anything...



More pics of veggies...


Eggplant

Tomatoes

My lime bush...hey, if you are going to drink
Tequila on the rocks with a little lime why
not grow your own.
And then there is the experimental patch...seeds from fruits and veggies.  Who knows how this will turn out.


Every yard needs their lawn ornaments...

Girlie

Miz Lu...one roll in the dirt...
and then another.  Her official name
is Talulalulu. 


Last year this type and color plant attracted several hummingbirds.  It worked last year.  Let's try it again.


The boy and I started gardening together when he was very young...








No comments:

Post a Comment