Monday, May 16, 2016

GETTING CLOSER

Well not really but Saturday's workout was one of the best in a long time and that included my chin up plan.  Maybe it felt good because I was rocking the crazy leggings and, at the last minute, decided to do the work out outside.  Hey, I do carry kettlebells in my car.  If I wouldn't be so embarrassed, I would take a pic of everything in my car.  YIKES!  Here's what I did...

I did five sets of 3 reps...still using all 3 bands.


For the work out, I used a 12 kg kettlebell and did the following:


5 rounds of 3 reps of one-handed swings, cleans, presses and snatches
Farmer's carries
3 rounds of 4 reps of one-handed swings, cleans, presses and snatches
Farmer's carries
1 round of 5 reps of one-handed swings, cleans, presses and snatches.
Farmers carries.

This work out not only helps increase  strength but is also a cardio workout.

At the direction of Kevin Carr at Movement as Medicine, I did 3 reps of body weight squats, split squats (It was a no go with the left leg in back) and then a bunch of therapeutic exercises.  Body weight squats felt pretty good.  I want to be 100% again.  I want to be under the bar!

What is a clean?


No comments:

Post a Comment