Wednesday, August 6, 2014

DNA TESTING

My travel to the Isle of Jersey was a magical time. The tour was organized by the Poindexter Descendants Association. What? Wait? Patti Pendexter...you are not a Poindexter. Well, maybe I am indirectly or even directly.

 The Poindexters have traced their lineage back to the Jersey. They've traced their descendant who immigrated from Jersey to Virginia. The family name on Jersey is Poingdestre. The thought is that the Poindexters immigrated to Virgina and the Pendexters to the New Hampshire/Maine area. But how will I know definitely. Well, the Poindexter Descendants association has set up family DNA testing...and my family is participating. Actually, it is my father who supplied his DNA for testing. This testing will hopefully determine the family connection to Jersey.

 What was most interesting from my visit is that Poingdestre descendants, link to a family or not, accepted you as one of their own. They wanted to share their family tree and history with you.

  Either way, as you know, I fell in love with Jersey. It is an island filled with activity and history and people who love their home.



The beauty of nature...



The history....

 
The glass church
 
 

One of the original family homes...

As you get older, maybe over 50, you take pleasure in knowing your beginnings.  When the DNA results are in, I will share more details.  I may even share the family tree. 

QUESTION????  HAVE YOU EXPLORED YOUR FAMILY HISTORY?  HOW ABOUT SHARING SOME DETAILS.

No comments:

Post a Comment