Friday, August 8, 2014

HOT FUN IN THE SUMMER TIME

Well not really.  The title is deceiving.  I much prefer this

to this



Tonight, as I was eating another dinner of tomatoes from the garden I realized how much I love picking my dinner from the garden.  Not only is it fresh and delicious but a garden makes healthy eating much easier when you can go outside and pick tomatoes

peppers
eggplant

and some beautiful broccoli shown with the pickings of the morning


So although I am looking forward to snow and winter and football, I will miss fresh produce. 

And not everyone has space or the desire to garden.  A great alternative is visiting a Farmer's Market or joining a CSA.  I want local farming to grow and thrive...local just tastes better and I know
 where my food originated.  Check out the link for a great article on Farmer's Markets and CSAs.

http://pendexter.blogspot.com/2014/08/hot-fun-in-smmer-time.html

Great article!

No comments:

Post a Comment