Saturday, July 18, 2015

More Progress

 



Only we are talking about the garden this time and not about me.  I love my garden.  Thanks to my boy we are able to do a look with a small space.  A garden is healthy eating at its best. 

My owl.  Protecting the blueberries.



Next, the grapevine and yes I am in love.

This is how it looked when after it first sprouted...


This is how it looked last week...


Excitement when I saw the color of this tomato...


The raspberries have been bountiful...




Here is what else is growing...

There is always experimentation with something new.  This year, I am trying artichokes and leeks.  Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.

Artichoke - never done before but always
experimenting. 

Tomato in a pot

Peas - started way too late but they are looking good.

White Potatoes

Spaghetti Squash started from seeds of
an actual squash.

Spinach in the pot

Sweet Potatoes
Not yet looking as good as last year.

Cucumbers

And more cucumbers
 
Big Jalapenos

Not everything is glorious in the garden.  I am fighting tomato blight.  Some of the tomatoes are doing well.  Others have me concerned.  My butternut squash, spaghetti squash and pumpkins have leaves that are turning yellow.  I have left the weeding to the boy this year out of concern for my hands...good excuse anyway.

Tomato not looking so good.

Happy Gardening!!!!



 

No comments:

Post a Comment