Monday, June 27, 2016

WHAT'S UP IN THE GARDEN?

So here I sit trying to figure out what to do with my day.  My left leg is now doing what my right leg did....swelling, pain and difficulty walking.  On Friday, the physical therapist said to ice it and take NSAIDS to get the swelling down.  He said to work out as long as it is pain free.  It was better than Friday but no where near 100%.  I need to sit more than I would like.

Saturday and Monday a did a couple very modified work outs.  The lower body is getting limited work which makes me very sad. 

Because movement is limited, I bring you this blog posting.  Of course it is one that doesn't require much thought.  Yes, a synopsis of the certification weekend is long over due.  Hope to do one soon because there are many kudos to share.

Here is the status of my garden...

My grape vine is rocking!







Some of the tomatoes including some green tomatoes.  There are an amazing number of green tomatoes...I smile every time I look at them.

Some are in pots and some are in the ground.




Broccoli...
Broccoli Rabe...waiting for transfer
 Every year we grow corn.  Believe it or not it usually does well.  What's the problem?  The squirrels know exactly when the corn is ready.  Sometimes they end up with more delicious corn than we do.  Me?  I would prefer not to grow corn, but the boy insists on it.


Lettuce was bountiful...



I started my baby zucchini from seed in small pots.  They have since been transplanted.  They are doing well.  The small plants behind the squash are tomatoes grown from seeds from tomatoes from Maine.  The boy is always experimenting. 


I found this link on growing squash so they don't run wild which does become a problems.  




Much more is going on but that is the only pictures I took.  The eggplant is flowering.  The herbs are flourishing (and frequently being used.).  The peppers other than the cubanelles don't look particularly happy out there.  Both butternut squash plants look good. 

And the fig tree...not looking so good.  Okay it is looking dead but I am not yet prepared to admit it. 

That is all I've got for now.





Pick a tomato from the garden...add a little bit of salt, some good quality extra virgin olive oil, garlic and let it all marinade for awhile.  Heaven on earth!

No comments:

Post a Comment