Saturday, December 27, 2014

CHRISTMAS ORNAMENTS AND MEANINGS

My step-mother, Ann, has, for as long as I can remember, created Christmas ornaments for my sister and me and other children.  They are always creative and reflect our interests or milestones in our lives.  Usually, one or two are tear worthy.  It has become a special and wonderful family tradition. 

Check out my 2014 ornament:




The ornament is a reflection of this blog...its name and its mindset but it is much more than that.  If you look closely at the bike you can see the number 303.  That number is still on my bike.  I cannot bring myself to take it off.  It probably looks silly but...

That number has very special meaning.  It was my number for my last triathlon and the tri was in Asbury Park.  It marked the end of my tri career in a place that holds a very special place in my heart.  So...every time I look at this ornament, I will remember that very special moment in my life.

My beautiful bike...Gracie!  She has been with me through it all


SheRox Tri Transition in the early morning


Asbury Park Beach and Sunrise


The Finish Line



You never know though...for my 60th birthday I may treat myself to a last tri at Hever Castle in England.  A girl needs to have goals ya know. 

No comments:

Post a Comment