Monday, November 21, 2016

Shop Small


Small businesses rock my world.  They make communities unique, special and fun to explore.  It is difficult owning a small business as many would tell you.  So on Saturday, November 26, 2016, please shop small.

Each day leading up to Saturday, I would like to promote some of my favorites. 

First up is...Mill River Winery!





They offer great wines...Plantation is one of my favorites.  You can also find local specialty foods, olive oils, and other items in their shop.  Grab a glass of wine at their bar.


Their wine club = so much fun.  You join for $20.00.  You are then obligated to purchase 3 wines 3 or 4 times/year but you can hit them up for a free class of wine when they are open.  They have tastings nights when you pick up your wine.  The wine bash and their tastings promote a sense of community. 


They also hold special events for members.  My first event...the Mill River Wine Bash.  What fun and I wish I had taken pictures.  I always forget to take pictures.  The bash was under the lights in a tent in the vineyard.  It included dinner and the opportunity to a make your own wine blend.  The wine and the laughter was overflowing at my table. 

My blend was very close to winning.  There is a trophy.  My name would have been on the trophy.  They also make and sell your blend.  See the middle wine in the picture above. 

My blends...sweet LuLu not included.


Mill River Winery is located on Route 1 in Rowley.  Find something for yourself or the wine lover in your life.

From their email....Here at Mill River Winery, we're thankful for YOU!! This week we have extended our hours! We'll be open Mon-Wed from 11am-6pm, closed on Thursday for Thanksgiving, then open on Black Friday from 11am-7pm!! Shop Local ~ Drink Local!








No comments:

Post a Comment