Sunday, May 29, 2016

SATURDAY MORNING


I've not been posting much but I have been trying to make sure I've been working out as best I can.  I've been staying away from the bar but I have been doing a number of kettlebell workouts (among other things).  I am slowly starting to feel better.  My routine included more rest than usual and lower weight while maintaining a level of fitness. 

Having a goal...my very own chin up challenge...has made it easier.  I take my bands down to Gowdy and amuse the neighbors.  What I've started to do on either Saturday or Sunday is to take my bells with me and do a work out outside.  Saturday morning was brutally hot...lots of sweating.  Here is what I did...



Stretching and therapeutic exercises...those hips need to be stretched out.

Chin ups...3 sets of 5 with 3 bands.  Next week I plan to progress to just two bands. 

Warm up of snatches.

Then 3 rounds of the following with two 12 KG bells...

3 double cleans
1 double press
10 double swings
3 body weight squats (weights still do not feel right.)

Between each round, I did overhead carries. 

The next time I do this complex, the plan is to do as many rounds as possible in 10 to 15 minutes and to skip the carries. 
Then 3 rounds of the following on each side...

1 - one handed swing
1-  press
1- snatch

3 - one handed swings
3 - presses
3- snatches

5 - one handed swings
5- presses
5 snatches

I did farmers carries between each round.

I need to thank Pat Flynn for his simple, easy and effective workouts.  I always need to make modifications because of my knees, hips or feet but they always work and always leave me in a puddle of sweat. 

His website is http://www.chroniclesofstrength.com/
Check out this video:



And to those who hang at Gowdy Park...could you please clean up after yourself?





And where should you go after a sweaty workout?


Toasted almond ice coffee.
Need I say more?

If anyone wants to joint me at Gowdy for a work out, give me a shout out!

No comments:

Post a Comment