Sunday, May 15, 2016

Elizabeth Gilbert



This isn't the posting I had planned today but the following resonated with me especially in light of this political season...if you take the time to get to know people, to really know people, you open your heart to kindness, compassion, love, gratitude, understanding, knowledge and enrichment.  Last year I spent 2 weeks in Rome, just Rome and I find Elizabeth's words to be so true. 

Open your hearts and your minds. 

"Travel Q & A with Elizabeth Gilbert:

Travel:  You wrote an essay in Condé Nast Traveler in March encouraging people to travel, especially in light of world events, saying, “I am not afraid of the world, but I am afraid of people who are afraid of the world.”

Elizabeth Gilbert:  Generally speaking I feel like I want to encourage people to have the most expanded version of their life they can possibly have in every way — spiritually, creatively and geographically. That’s the bell I keep ringing: to live a bigger and broader life. The smaller your world gets, the smaller your mind gets, and the more your fear grows and the worse your decisions get."






No comments:

Post a Comment