Sunday, May 31, 2015

DIDN'T MEAN TO KEEP YOU WAITING BUT

Yesterday's workout at Iron Body Studios was a scorcher.  Burned my ass but felt great.  I then when to Wilson's Farm in Lexington.  Later I did a little gardening.  Then I crashed.  The ultimate in tired.  Sleep is important for recovery so it was an early to bed Saturday night.

So back to this...


It is the first bud on one of my grape plants.  The other grape plant also has a bud but it is too small to photograph.  I have wanted to grow grapes forever and, last year when I saw my sister's grape vine with grapes, I knew this was the year. 

I am beyond excited.  I wasn't sure this dormant grape plant would come alive.  I ordered them online and when they arrived I didn't read all the instructions.  I stopped at keep in a cool, dry space.  Actually, the roots are suppose to be kept wet...hmmmm.  Fail or so I thought.

My sister had this big, beautiful grape vine.  Mine won't be as big.  I am attempting a smaller trellis.  We shall see. 


And did you know...you can use the young, tender grape leaves to make stuffed grapes leaves.  Nope, neither did I until my friend Kat told me that is what she did with hers.  My future may hold wine and stuffed grape leaves in a couple years.

More planting has been done and I love sharing photos...

Tomatoes (Right now we have 22 tomato plants in the ground.  There are many different varieties many which are Romas for sauce.)
 

in the raised bed.


in a pot

 
Broccoli


Spinach

Eggplant, a variety of peppers, spaghetti squash, pumpkins, cucumbers, potatoes, sweet potatoes and butternut squash has also been planted.  The asparagus from two years ago is flourishing. 

These guys are waiting to be planted...



Even with a small space you can grow a large variety of vegetables.  Its healthy and you know where your food is grown!

No comments:

Post a Comment