Monday, May 11, 2015

TEQUILA

Life isn't just about exercise, gardening and eating healthy food.  Sometimes you just need to drink some tequila.  A couple Saturdays ago Kappy's in Peabody had a Grand Tequila tasting.  Good tequila is expensive.  Who wants to buy expensive tequila only to find out you don't like that particular brand?  It was absolutely necessary for me to attend the Grand Tasting to learn a little bit more about tequila.

The very first Tequila I tried was the one I purchased.  Casa Noble Anejo!

The company says, "Tequila Casa Noble Anejo is our most refined Tequila, this exquisite Tequila is matured in French White Oak barrels for two years and extra aged to perfection. This limited production spirit exhibits a deep golden tone, has an exceptional bouquet and body, and ranks among the finest distilled spirits in the world. It is beautifully contained in an artisan purple glass decanter."

It was very smooth.  No need for lime or salt. 

Interesting fact I did not know until I did a little research is that in 2011 Carlos Santana became a part owner of Casa Noble. 
Casa Noble Anejo


I also enjoyed Excellia Anejo and Roca Patron.  I did not buy either.  The Roca Patron Anejo had great flavor but it was $90.00. 

The most interesting aspect of the Grand Tasting was Mezcals.  I did not really know what Mezcals were or what made them different from tequila.  On a very basic level I learned that they are not aged and they are smoked.  The most interesting were the single village Mezals from Del Maguey.  The several, 7 to be exact, all had various intensities of smokiness.  A couple were way too smoky.  One was too sweet.  The one I really enjoyed was the following:

Tequila Casa Noble Anejo is our most refined Tequila, this exquisite Tequila is matured in French White Oak barrels for two years and extra aged to perfection. This limited production spirit exhibits a deep golden tone, has an exceptional bouquet and body, and ranks among the finest distilled spirits in the world. It is beautifully contained in an artisan purple glass decanter.


Kappy's puts on great tastings.  They put out salsa, chips and quacamole.  Excellent.  I went to their French Wine Tasting which was spectacular.  I will report on that later.

No comments:

Post a Comment