Sunday, December 13, 2015

IN CASE YOU ARE INTERESTED


 
My Number
 
Carnation at the finish line

Swag
On a whim, I entered the Ladies Night Out road race in Newburyport.  Why?  I don't really know.  Maybe it was the wine, the wine glass, or the carnation at the end.  I could have bought them myself.
 
  I haven't run at all in about 5 years never mind in a road race.  Totally honestly.  I did not train for this race at all.  I did sprints twice.  The first time I did them for 10 minutes.  The second time I did them for 15 minutes.
 
Now for full disclosure...I didn't run the entire course.  I knew I had to approach this as a run/walk event...something I never would have done in the past.  My finish times in the past ranged from 25 minutes to 34 minutes depending on my training.  Yesterday I finished around 35 minutes.  (There was no official time.) 
 
I could have pushed myself harder but that is not what this race was about for me.  I was calm and relaxed.  I just wanted to have a good time and I did.
 
I deliberately wore my "LOVE HARD LIFT HEAVY SHIRT."  I knew it was going to be difficult for me to mentally do the run walk thing.  It is not how I am wired.  The shirt served as a reminder that I have changed course...I spend most of my exercise time lifting heavy things.  It gave me permission to walk. 
 
I say...
 
 
 Do what moves you...I think exercise.  Move your body in anyway in can.  Stay healthy.  Walk, run, hike, lift heavy, do yoga.  Do whatever moves you!
 
 
SWING CHALLENGE UPDATE - MORE MOVEMENT
 
I haven't been posting this week because I've been off the grid (sometimes you just need a break) but it doesn't mean I haven't been swinging...
W2D1: 250 with 14 KG
W2D2: 280 with 14 kg
W2D3 270 14 kg
W2D4 120 with 16 kg (Thanks Rae) and 180 with 14 kg.

This issue I have been having as a result of swinging so much is that the left hand is cut up so yesterday I wrapped it so I could some heavier weight.  This is what my hands looked like...


 
Unfortunately due to my schedule, I couldn't swing on Thursday so tomorrow will be Day 5.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment