Monday, December 7, 2015

LESSONS LEARNED

So I wrapped up the first week of Iron Body by Artemis Holiday Swing Challenge pretty strong.  Also, I did most of my regular workout during the week...if you know me you know I cannot live without Turkish Get Ups.



Day 5...
300 Swings
4 rounds with the 12 kg
2 rounds with the 14 kg.
Cut up my left hand yesterday. Wasn't sure I would be able to swing today but I did a pretty decent wrap job that lasted 6 rounds.
Total swings for the week = 1450!

  When I woke up Sunday morning, my body was exhausted.  I knew my planned work out was just not going to work.  So, I listened to my body.  I did 3 rounds of farmer's carries, racked carries and overhead carries.  When I am not feeling a work out, I always get in some carries. 

I always knew Sunday would involve a lot of walking. 
 
My day would involved was going to involved walking 1.2 miles to Gillette Stadium and 1.2 miles from Gillette back to the parking lot.  Then there was the hike up to my seat with the Gods. 

Point of all this is whether you are just starting out or if you are an experienced exercise enthusiasts, it is important to listen to your body.  It is important to learn the difference between a need to rest and simply a lack of motivation.   

No comments:

Post a Comment