Sunday, February 22, 2015

CHIN UP UPDATE

Part of the reason for this blog is for me to keep track of what I am doing and another part is to hopefully inspire those over 50.  I've been consistently involved in some form of exercise for a very long time.  I've completed 10 triathlons, done Muay Thai and participated in the Arnold Pump and Run.   

Me.  Philadelphia Triathlon.  Getting ready in transition.

At 57 years old, one of my goals is to do an unassisted chin up. In keeping with that goal, I was hoping to get my ass to Iron Body Studios for the Women's Strength Class.  Unfortunately my arm and shoulder were uncooperative. 

Saturday morning I had a revelation after spending the morning unable to lift my right arm.  I've had this problem before.  So, I made an appointment with Kevin Carr, my former coach and current massage therapist for treatment.  I forgot he had recommended maintenance for my problem and I suddenly realized how similar this recent problem is my prior one.  Kevin Carr has consistently helped with my aches, pains and injuries.  He's helped keep me active. 

Coach Kevin Carr

 
Check out Kevin's website here... http://movement-as-medicine.com/


Sunday I woke up ready for a work out.  I did a modified version of what I would have done with Artemis without problem.  The good news is the chin ups.

Using my bands, I did 2 sets of 4 reps and 1 set of 3.  I think I could have done another but felt some tightness so stopped.  Very very happy with my progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment