Wednesday, February 18, 2015

SUPER BANDS

Remember a few days ago I posted pictures of these...


My super bands made it to the Y today and I actually used them.  It is a good news bad news story.

Good news is I figured out how to get the chins up done at the Y.  I did 3 sets of 2.  The bad news is I did 3 sets of 2.  My goal was 3 sets of 3 reps but I just couldn't get that third one done. 

Another win this morning...I always feel uncomfortable when I attempt something new at the Y when it is filled with people and I am unsure how my endeavor will play out. 

I still got those chin ups done.  Granted it was 5:30 AM.  It was not very crowded.  I found equipment to stand on that made it possible for me to get my foot into the band.  Easy. 

So...I was happy that I made this first step.  Whoo Hoo for the Super Bands.

The rest of the work out was...

Deadlifts 4 sets of 5
          145 pounds
          155 pounds
          165 pounds
          175 pounds

I rotated in

Kettlebell Swings 4 sets of 10 at 40 pounds
Ab Roll Outs 3 sets of 5

Next up were the chin ups. Followed by 3 sets of 8 fifty pound squats.

At this point my right arm was a problem and it wouldn't let me complete my intended work out.  I decided to finish with...

Kettlebell Swings 10 with 40 pounds
Row Machine for one minute

I did the routine for 5 rounds.  I tried to mix in the ropes (yes, my Y has ropes.) but the arm hurt. 

The morning didn't work out the way I thought it out but I got my work out in.  This isn't my official StrongFirst certification training but I need to keep getting stronger before it starts!

No comments:

Post a Comment