Monday, February 9, 2015

THESE ARE A FEW OF MY FAVORITE THINGS

 
I love small businesses.  I love local businesses.  I love businesses that are selling a product while at the same time trying to be socially responsible. 

Today I want to share a few of my favorite things.  Some are new and some have been part of my life for awhile.

Necklaces

Someone I know had LOVE in their mother's handwriting tattooed on their arm.  I loved it.  It is just such a heartfelt reminder.  Problem for me was that I was not getting a tattoo ever, for any reason.

Fast forward to January...I wanted to get my sister some extra special for her 50th birthday, in December.  In true Pendexter fashion, I did not start thinking about it until January 2015.

I just happened to find Brittney Leigh Jewelry on facebook.  Her specialty is taking handwritten words and creating beautiful pieces of jewelry.  Perfect!!!! 

I had Brittney create a lasting memory for me and my sister.  

From this....


She created this...



And it was perfect.

From her website:
Brittany Leigh Jewelry is about celebrating LOVE. Through personalized, handmade pieces, Brittany creates an emotional connection between jewelry and wearer. The people, moments, and places that make life most wonderful are the inspiration behind every design. Finely crafted with the utmost care and attention to detail, your customized Brittany Leigh Jewelry will reflect your favorite memories for many years to come.


http://www.brittanyleighjewelry.com/


Bombas - Bee Better

These socks rock.  They rock not just because they are comfortable and colorful.  (Check out the pictures.  Orange one is on my foot)  The socks and the company rocks because for every pair purchased, they donate a pair to a homeless shelter.  How great is that.  Right now the site says 278,978 socks have been donated.   

From their blog:  We've partnered with Hannah's Socks, a non-profit whose sole mission is to get socks to those in need. They have a goal to distribute 225,000 socks this year, and we're here to help.



Want to know why they chose the bee as their symbol.  Check out their site

http://www.bombas.com

Live Well 360 Core Gym Bag

https://livewell360.com/

I head out to the gym early in the morning.  I am usually out by 5:00 am.  I need to be organized.  I need a bag with compartments.  I need a bag that is sturdy and holds up well.  I need a bag with great straps.  The Live Well 360 Core Gym Bag is that bag.   I will never ever need another bag. 

My favorite story about this bag is that when I first bought it got caught on a metal piece in the locker at the Y.  I heard what sound like a tear.  I swore and looked at the bag.  Not a single tear or pull was seen.  The bag is a little expensive but the quality is top notch. 

They just showcased a TOTE bag and very, very soon I think they will be selling a back pack.  I will be in on the back pack.  A sturdy back pack with many compartments are what I need for a long hike. 

This is the story of their business:

You've heard the saying, 'Necessity is the mother of invention'? Well, it's true.
Along our road to health and fitness, one thing kept falling short-our fitness bag. And since we demand the best of ourselves, everyday-one more mile, one more rep-why would we expect anything less from our most important fitness partner?
So, we tried every fitness bag that we could get our hands on, determined to find one that delivered. But, nothing fit the bill. This one was too bulky, that one had no pockets, this one looked cheap, that one was too small...
Was it too much to ask that a fitness bag not fall apart, rip, or fray?
That it keep our clean clothes away from the soles of our dirty shoes?
That our jewelry or watch not be relegated to the abyss that is the bottom of the bag?
That we get more than two pockets for our phone/keys/wallet/jewelry?
We didn't think so. We needed a bag that could keep up with us. And since we couldn't find one, we made our own. A whole line, in fact.

Living Proof Gear

Simply, I love the messages and the quality of these shirts.


https://www.etsy.com/shop/LivingProofGear

Walnut Street Café, Lynn, MA


Forget Dunkin Donuts.  Forget Starbucks.  What is better than a local coffee shop that has been in business for over 16 years where they always remember your order, know your name and front you some money when you left your wallet on the couch at home?  That is Walnut Street Café.

They have simple, good, inexpensive food items.  Looking for some music, poetry, a Pain Night, or comedy?  Want to have a beer or wine while enjoying the entertainment?  Walnut Street Café's got you covered.  Check it out if you are in the area.

No comments:

Post a Comment