Wednesday, March 2, 2016

FEBRUARY FAVORITES

For the most part February was a good month.  I want to share some of my favorites with you.  This isn't favorite things.  I am talking about experiences and moments that will enrich your life.

OSTERIA NINO
BURLINGTON, MA



I love this restaurant.  When I get that Cacio e Pepe craving this is my go to spot.  It is one of the best I've had.  There are other Roman specialties on the menu.  Service is impeccable.  The staff is friendly and knowledgeable.  I am addicted.  Check it out. 

ROMAE



My new favorite wine... so far I've only been able to enjoy it at  Osteria Nino.  If you find this beautiful red wine sold anyplace in this country please let me know. 

Now a favorite...started when I was working in NYC (needed wine) but continues into February...Estancia.  A nice blend.  On sale.  At Kappy's, Peabody.  Just saying.



JOHN LEGEND

I am addicted to his music...so much so that I've been looking at information on his wife's cookbook to learn what he likes to eat...kidding, really I am kidding.  I checked out his red carpet photos while I was finding his videos and I have to say the man looked very awkward.  Maybe that is a good thing.

Couple of favorites...







SKILL OF STRENGTH
BURLINGTON, MA



Best decision I made was to spend my Thursday nights here.  You all know that if you read my blog though. 

RETURN OF VIKINGS - Hell ya!

Lagertha, an early woman of strength!


http://www.history.com/shows/Vikings


WAYLAND WINTER FARMER'S MARKET

Crowded aisles in a greenhouse...not something that would be easily identified as a place I would like but the vendors including the two outside food trucks are spectacular. 

Lilac Hedge Farm


Winter Moon Root





From all that goodness I made a beautiful winter stew. 

SOUTHSIDE JOHNNY AND THE ASBURY JUKES

For the third year in a row, SSJ has done two February shows at the Stone Pony.  This year, Saturday night, was his best show ever.  The band was tight, the voice was spot on, the crowd was enthusiastic, and the man looked very, very fine.  My co-pilot and partner in crime knows exactly what I mean!!!  Can I add?  Oh my those horns.

I know I spread the gospel of Southside Johnny and the Asbury Jukes quite often but it is the music that has been with me, made me smile, made me laugh and made me feel better when life wasn't going my way.   

These shows at the Pony, past and future, will always be a February Favorite.

Now I give you the man, the myth, the legend....







I was standing next to the gentleman that took these videos...I did some videos too.  Let's just say mine do not look anywhere as good as these do.

And an added bonus...


No comments:

Post a Comment