Sunday, March 13, 2016

THE GOAL IS TO KEEP THE GOAL THE GOAL said Dan John


Dan John is on of the best strength coaches in the industry.  His formula is simple and basic and it works.  The quote above has become one of my favorite.

So last week when  received my 3 day training program, I thought wait!!! what???? where at the Turkish Get Ups and the Kettlebell Swings?  I love them.  I though about keeping the eye on the goal.    Then I thought about 3 months without get ups and swings.  My heart hurt.

So, I was doing some research on the Strong First barbell certification and came across Dan John's quote.  What a perfect reminder about how important it is to make good plan and stick to it when you set a goal.  This applies to everything in life. 

Look, I trust that Mike wrote the perfect program for me.  I truly believe that.  If I didn't believe in him as a coach I wouldn't have signed on to work with him.


However, tomorrow night I am going to ask about get ups and swings.  Maybe they were accidently left out.  They weren't I am sure but you can't blame a girl for trying.     



No comments:

Post a Comment